The most popular posts.
The blog’s been running for long enough now that I’m getting a picture of which items people prefer reading about. And they’re by no means always the commonest mistakes.
De blog is nu lang genoeg in de lucht dat ik een beetje inzicht heb kunnen krijgen in waar men liever over leest. Lang niet altijd de vaakst voorkomende missers, blijkt.
I won’t bore you with the algorithm for deciding what’s popular. Suffice it to say that I’ve tried to weight it empirically to allow for how old the article is, the number of followers at the time and peaks in when the blog was publicized.
- The mindfield of academic titles (style)
- Training (fake English)
- I before E except after C (elementary)
- Among other things (overused words)
- So-called (mistranslations)
- A telling point (underused words)
- Historic present (style)
- Adequate (wrong register)
- Citizens (overused words)
- Insights… preferably not (overused words)
- Answering your own questions (style)
- Year before subject (grammar)
- Trajectories are for ballistics (mistranslations)